Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need info on employee matters in NYC, at will, Wife has…

Customer Question
I need info on...

I need info on employee matters in NYC

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Wife has been suspended from work and was not given any explanation or written notice. She is CFO of XCEL FCU,14 years , all performance evaluation excellent . THE BOD suspended her which is wrong. the BOD of credit union are volunteers and can only provide suggestions and advice they are not supposed to be in the mix in hiring and termination of employees

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NYS

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/9/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Who does have authority to discipline or fire her? Does HR agree with the board's decision?

Do you believe you wife was treated differently than other employees due to her race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

Her CEO, It has nothing to do with race, religion or ethnicity

Does the CEO object to the suspension?

she is not in agreement at all
I worked for UNFCU credit union for 38 years and the BOD were not allowed to get involved in employee decios

Why can the CEO not reverse the order if the board is acting ultra vires?

That is the million dollar question.. we have no clue as to why she was suspended and she was not given a reason or anything in writing! Is it worth me calling u?

We can speak if you would like.

I will make a Premium Service offer.

i have paid and have not received any feedback or phone call from you

I have not received an acceptance of the phone call offer yet. I am happy to continue online, if you want.

Are you still online with me?