Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I need an attorney to write a demand letter to my former

Customer Question

I need an attorney to write a demand letter to my former employer who still owes me wages- for which they did promise me in an email 2 weeks ago- however now they are ignoring my inquires about the money. I think I may also have a case of "retaliation" against this former employer and I need some free legal advice. I do not have any money to pay for an attorney. Thank you, Angela
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Yes, Washington state, however my employer is in Colorado- I was a remote worker
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Angela:

We are a general information and pursuant to the terms of service for the site the Attorneys cannot enter into an Attorney/Client Relationship with the Customers of the site. Therefore, we could not write a demand letter on your behalf on our firm letterhead.

There are Attorneys that provide FREE consultations that can assist you. Can you tell me if your employment agreement is governed by Washington or Colorado law? Is there an HR policy handbook?