Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My position was illiminated throughout the company and we

Customer Question

my position was illiminated throughout the company and we have 1yr to collect the wage we were making and then after that we take an enormous pay cut to go part time or if there is something full time we can interview for that position. I have been with the company 14 yrs and my boss offered me a position as a full timer for $11 an hour which is half of what I make but I would have to take the position now. I am also finding out other associates that held the same position as myself are taking new positions ane are not getting a pay cut. I am 67 yrs old and I feel he only wants to keep the young people because I went for 3 interviews and only the younger less experienced workers were offered the job.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time no union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that there were 3 of us older associates offered jobs to start immediately before our yr is up at $11 per hr and like I said that is half my pay. when I told my manager I will wait until it is closer to day my yr is up he responded well I may not have anything then
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Are the younger, less experienced workers paid the same rate as you prior to the elimination of the position?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?