Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If a private Union kicks me out of their international Union…

Customer Question
If a private Union...

If a private Union kicks me out of their international Union can I sue or somehow obtain my pension

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tn

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Fulltime.. and I don't know about at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can they fine me and kick me out of Union for taking similar job with the Govt?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/8/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can sue where decision is arbitrary and violates their rules. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.