How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roy Hadavi Your Own Question
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 775
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Roy Hadavi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do if company offered me position based on

Customer Question

What should I do if company offered me position based on verbal description and after 5 month came up with modification that will impact the basic nature of the position.
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Documented the first offer? the only thing that I did is asking HR after how long can I change position in the company
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: "At will" full time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I switched from one position that I did for two and a half years to new one based on information that I got from my rigional manager.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. What state are you located in?
Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information.

Washington is an at-will employment state. That means that either you or the employer can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason at all. The limitation is that employers cannot terminate an employee for an illegal reason, such as discrimination or retaliation for exercising an employee's legal right.

In turn, this principle means that your employer can modify the terms of your employment (except for an illegal modification, such as a discriminatory modification, or a modification that violates labor code, such as lowering your wage below minimum wage). You then have the option to accept the new terms of employment or resign. In turn, if an employee does not wish to accept new terms of employment, the employer can simply terminate the employee and offer to re-hire the employee based on the new terms of employment.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.