Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was put off work by my doctor because of issues at work

Customer Question
hi JA: Hello. How can I...
hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I was put off work by my doctor because of issues at work for 4 weeks, I requested FMLA and the company is telling me I MUST file for disability even though i have enough sick and PTO to cover it. from what i have found myself FMLA serious health condition is not the same as disability.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will, full time, salary
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You do not need to file for disability where you qualify for other options including vested days off and fmla days. If company refuses to agree to that, you may suggest they are incorrect and would rather resolve this amicably without having the labor board or court review it, or having a lawyer send a letter, all options you reserve!

What "kind" of lawyer should I contact if they do not? Not sure what area this falls under.

employment law.

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

awaiting your reply, thank you.

Tina, Lawyer