Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Tina, Re:Verbal FMLA Notification for HR Director. Upon

Customer Question
Hi Tina, Re:Verbal...

Hi Tina, Re:Verbal FMLA Notification for HR Director. Upon asking for paperwork to begin leave. I informed her I would return to work tomorrow and also pick up the paperwork necessary. HR Dir. responded immediately that since I did not specify amount of time of medical leave and as such FMLA paperwork be completed by provider within 15 days then we can discuss return. I responded my leave is for Mom's serious condition and placed me on " a involuntary leave" which I took 5 weeks under FMLA. This resulted in a delayed bullying investigation and they will not take me back because I now have a lawyer and they have theirs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes, PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will and full time 6.5 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They won't terminate me and still have me on thir website Gina whelan- South Mill Mushrooms.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your question is?

By the way, you may get a phone call offer. This is system generated, and at this point I don't know enough about your situation to know if I can assist you. Decline the offer if it comes up and we can continue in this chat function.

Are you there?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question? Please let me know, because if not, I can request to have it closed.

Tina, Lawyer