Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Tina, Re:Verbal FMLA Notification for HR Director. Upon

Customer Question
Hi Tina, Re:Verbal...

Hi Tina, Re:Verbal FMLA Notification for HR Director. Upon asking for paperwork to begin leave. I informed her I would return to work tomorrow and also pick up the paperwork necessary. HR Dir. responded immediately that since I did not specify amount of time of medical leave and as such FMLA paperwork be completed by provider within 15 days then we can discuss return. I responded my leave is for Mom's serious condition and placed me on " a involuntary leave" which I took 5 weeks under FMLA. This resulted in a delayed bullying investigation and they will not take me back because I now have a lawyer and they have theirs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes, PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will and full time 6.5 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They won't terminate me and still have me on thir website Gina whelan- South Mill Mushrooms.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your question is?

By the way, you may get a phone call offer. This is system generated, and at this point I don't know enough about your situation to know if I can assist you. Decline the offer if it comes up and we can continue in this chat function.

Are you there?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question? Please let me know, because if not, I can request to have it closed.