How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19641
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Did you get my message? Yes, I have reasonable

Customer Question

Did you get my message?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Yes, I have reasonable accommodations (2 of them) HR is picking one that does not help with my disabilities.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I don't know what the state of Missouri is. No union (large hospital) I am full time and until diagnosis was a good worker with no issues or write ups.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Several months after my medication change I took some cold medicine that had a bad reaction to the medication my Provider had me on and My manager told the Charge Nurse and the Floor Nurse Manager to take me to her office and wait for HR. The charge and floor manager both said they needed to take me down to ED, but my manager told them no, so they were made to take me to her office until HR arrived. I do not know how long that lasted, but was eventually taken down to ED then CCU.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I do not participate in the phone call program. Hence, the rejection of your offer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I am in need of a lawyer that will make sure that my legal rights under the ADA are being met. I have documentation from my Psychiatrist asking that until my current medication changes are done and that I am mentally stable, that my employer give me less stressful jobs, breaks when I have anxiety attacks. They have offered me breaks but I have only asked for one and every 10 minutes they came to check on me and these attacks last at times 2 or 3 hours and are caused my loud environments and having to take care of too many patients that I become overwhelmed. I have side effects of lethargy but was given a 90 day probation to start doing my job faster and better if I wanted to keep it. Since the EEOC has been notified and I have filed a discrimination charge against them, my job is protected. But they will not provide any of the suggestions my doctor has given them. So I just need to know what type of lawyer to hire that would deal with this type of case. I do not want to file for disability I just want to work, but I have limitations in which they ignore except for letting me take breaks if I become overwhelmed. I can and have worked other places in the hospital that I have not had an issue with but one place they put me in causes me distress, today they sent me home. I am missing too much work because they will not help me get better so that I can work anywhere without issues.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry once more to read that your employer has not been providing reasonable accommodation to you as you requested.

The Attorney that you would need here is a local Attorney who handles employment discrimination cases. This is the same Attorney that you would need to assist you with your EEOC case. Unfortunately, this site does not offer legal representation. However, you can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Best wishes,