Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Why do attys refused to go against federal agencies for

Customer Question
discrimination. JA: Because laws vary from...
why do attys refused to go against federal agencies for discrimination.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: north carolina. I am a disabled veteran with an eeo case for disability discrimination, denied the interactive process for reasonable accommodations, harassment because i was a union representative and retaliation. In addition, i had a heartache from all the stress and forced into early medical retirement. I am officially rate as 100% disabled and unemployable
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: union. I was vice president and union representative for postal worker going against the same supervisors listed in my dispute. I had a strong case and documented harassment and emails documenting my harassment. The USPS failure to follow their own guideline and procedures for all the above should be enough
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have the first meeting with the administrative judge in December. I want to settle ( to protect my coworkers still working there.) i am currently seeking help for my ptsd, depression, and workplace trauma weekly from the VA
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this. I think the reluctance stems from the sovereign immunity in that the governmental entities are typically exempt for civil suits unless there is a statutory exemption.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer