Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Why do attys refused to go against federal agencies for

Customer Question
Why do attys refused...

Why do attys refused to go against federal agencies for discrimination.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina. I am a disabled veteran with an eeo case for disability discrimination, denied the interactive process for reasonable accommodations, harassment because i was a union representative and retaliation. In addition, i had a heartache from all the stress and forced into early medical retirement. I am officially rate as 100% disabled and unemployable

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union. I was vice president and union representative for postal worker going against the same supervisors listed in my dispute. I had a strong case and documented harassment and emails documenting my harassment. The USPS failure to follow their own guideline and procedures for all the above should be enough

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the first meeting with the administrative judge in December. I want to settle ( to protect my coworkers still working there.) i am currently seeking help for my ptsd, depression, and workplace trauma weekly from the VA

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this. I think the reluctance stems from the sovereign immunity in that the governmental entities are typically exempt for civil suits unless there is a statutory exemption.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer