Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I filed an EEOC complaint and have obtained a right to sue…

Customer Question
I filed an EEOC...

I filed an EEOC complaint and have obtained a right to sue letter. I went through the process without a lawyer. I need to obtain an attorney to represent me before an Administrative law Judge. I requested a "Position Statement" from the Agency but they stated they do not give one. What do I do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Atlanta, Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a full time federal employee. We do have a union and I am covered under the union because I am a GS-12, 2210 IT Security Specialist.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I guess that it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: lawyerJ, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
lawyerJ
lawyerJ, Lawyer

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm a licensed attorney. I'm reviewing your question and will respond shortly. Please note, all information is provided for educational purposes only.

There are a number of pro bono legal clinics in your area that would represent you for no charge. Here is a list of them. Additionally, if you wanted to pay for representation, most employment lawyers won't charge up front and would only take a percentage of what they recovered on your behalf, so that would be an option too. If I've fully answered your question, I'd appreciate a five-star response. If not, please let me know how else I can assist you.