Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If you work for a company in another state, P/R is rec'd…

Customer Question
If you work for...

If you work for a company in another state, P/R is rec'd from that state but work remotely in another state who would you collect from

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

P/R and work is from CT - remote from FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It is part time position

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just checking to see how unemployment would work and who I would be entitled to collect from as all taxes are paid to CT from my P/R ck

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Generally, if somebody doesn't perform the terms of the agreement, Then it is a breach of contract. However, parties are also required to work with each other in good faith. Therefore, somebody made a reasonable mistake and filing a document, and filing that document was a term that needed to be executed in the contract, then it is likely that so long as the mistake was reasonable, then there is going to be no penalty. What other questions did you have for me regarding this?

Tina, Lawyer