Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I'm trying to find out if fmla can be back dated my daughter

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out if fmla can be back dated my daughter was originally hospitalized in July of this year my job let me know that as of August first I would qualify for fmla. I kept working until the 23rd because I needed the money and my mom was helping me when I applied I did not qualify because I had worked under the required amount of hours. So as of September 5 I now qualify to apply my issue is is that because she was hospitalized I. July they are saying it can't be backed dated and I will be denied is this true she is diagnosed with Bell's palsy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
but company needs to get notice and approve along with medical support to confirm duration. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you saying yes it is true it can't be back dated or it can?

It can be back dated provided employee and company agree.

Is the reply acceptable?