Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was recently terminated from my position. I believe it was…

Customer Question
I was recently terminated...

I was recently terminated from my position. I believe it was a restructuring plan. In the past, the company has paid out severance for these cases but in my case they did not offer any severance compensation. Do I have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Indiana is an at will state. I was a full time salaried employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have some restructuring papers they have used in the past.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

you can inquire about a severance

did they give you a reason why they let you go?

Tina, Lawyer