Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have a wage claim question. I have. I recently resigned

Customer Question
I have a wage claim...
I have a wage claim question
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Yes I have. I recently resigned form my job. I was informed that I was not able to take anytime off because I am resigning. I was told that my time would be paid out I received my vacation time, but not my sick and personal time which is over 50 hours with the some of over $2000 dollars. Wen I spoke with HR they informed me that they only paid out vacation which was not state in the employee hand book.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full-time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/5/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. However, in order to assist you I need a bit more information. First, I need to know what State you work in and what your specific legal question is. Then I need to know if you are saying that your handbook says that all accrued leave of all types is payable upon termination of the employment relationship. Finally, are you in a union?

New York. I did not receive paid-out for my sick time and personal time. I spoke with HR and they told me this was company policy but it is not written in the handbook. I was also informed by my manager that I would get my time paid out.

Thank you for your reply, however, I still need answers to the following questions: what your specific legal question is. Then I need to know if you are saying that your handbook says that all accrued leave of all types is payable upon termination of the employment relationship. Finally, are you in a union?

Tina, Lawyer