Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

The ILA in Houston was told we had to work Labor Day a NO…

The ILA in Houston was...
The ILA in Houston was told we had to work Labor Day a NO Work Day per the CBA and if worked Double Double time pay starting Monday 07:00-06:00 Tuesday. Monday 00:01-06:00 is Double time and half. We were told we were working Labor Day and we were paid OT not the Contract pay rate. The employers and union officials agreed to this without approval
How can union officals change the contract without memship approval
9/5/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I do not know how the Union can do this without the membership's approval. You can file complaint against the Union with National Labor Relations Board.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law