Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My ex employer finally sent me my final paycheck, after more…

Customer Question
My ex employer finally...

My ex employer finally sent me my final paycheck, after more than 60 days, but it isn't a payroll check that shows my hours, ytd and taxes, etc. It is an AP check with the current date as the invoice number. Should I cash this check, I kinda feel like they really should provide me with something more valid. I'm in California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time according to my offer letter.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What exactly do you mean by an "AP check"? Also, is this check for commission payments, hourly wages, or what precisely? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Tina, Lawyer