Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I filed for short term disability on august 18th and was…

I filed for short...

I filed for short term disability on august 18th and was terminated on august 21st. will i be able to transition to long term disability even though i was terminated. i am in the state of AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time salaried

9/2/2017
John, Employment Lawyer

Yes you will be able tYour insuraility is dependent on the date your disability arises; the disability onset must be a date before employment ends. Your termination does not affect this in any way.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

John, Employment Lawyer