Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Although there is a Federal minimum wage on salaried

Customer Question
employees. Does the law...
Although there is a Federal minimum wage on salaried employees. Does the law apply in the state of Texas?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time position as an the CFO or an executive.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also, this employer has over 50 employees and does not have written policies as far as FMLA, my employer would not let me take an FMLA but allowed another employee in the same level position as mine take an FMLA recently.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
9/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Federal law has to be followed in Texas which may pass its own law which may not violate the federal law on employment matters. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Tina, Lawyer