Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employer has been deducting money from my paycheck for my…

My employer has been...

My employer has been deducting money from my paycheck for my 401k and I now find out that none of it has been deposited in my account since january?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have also been skipping payments on our health insurance from time to time

8/31/2017
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It sounds like your employer has been stealing money from your paycheck. If this is the case, it not only entitles you to recovery of these missing payments, but this could also be a criminal violation as well. This would be known as embezzlement.

What you should be doing is reaching out to the Employee Benefits Security Administration, which is a division of the Department of Labor. There are whistleblower protections in place to make sure that you reporting this 401K fraud does not lead to retaliatory behavior, i.e., you cannot be fired for reporting this. You should be calling them at the following number: 1-866-444-EBSA

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Thank you for the information
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer