Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I got injured at work, I was denied workers compensation.

I got injured at...

I got injured at work, I was denied workers compensation. However my doctor put me off of work because my injury consist of a fractured rib, I was still out on medical leave and my employer terminated me . Is that legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Honolulu, Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It's at will, we became union and full time. I've been employed for 5years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I filed with Hawaii state labor and have a hearing scheduled for Sept. 6,2017 at 10am. Should I have a lawyer attend with me?

8/30/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
I would have counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Thank you!Kindly rate me five stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer