Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Isn't it true that if you are filing a discrimination

Customer Question
Isn't it true that if...
Isn't it true that if you are filing a discrimination lawsuit based on race, age, sexual orientation and gender, that you must first file it through the EEOC?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Hello, nice to meet you, Roy. Thank you.
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago

In Connecticut there are two options for a discrimination claim. You may either file through the EEOC or through the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

I have spoke to other attorneys, locally and through this website, and I specifically mentioned the case would be based on discrimination and i found out about the EEOC by googling. Do you know why the attorney wouldn't mention this to me? Does the attorney usually like to contact the EEOC on your behalf?
Are you still there, Roy?
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi