Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer will not approve my time from last week because…

My employer will not...

My employer will not approve my time from last week because I was not able to complete all of the work assigned in a 8 hour day

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

,at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've had problems with this company last year & contacted a lawyer then. I'm still having the same problems. Now my pay

8/21/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response.

Also do I have to return to work?

I am sorry to hear your employer is refusing to pay you for wages earned.

Although Georgia does not have its own wage laws, like all other states, Georgia is required to comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA). The FSLA requires an employer to pay its employee for wages earned. The employer does not get to determine whether your work was sufficient to receive payment. If you worked the hours, you get paid.

In addition, Georgia is an at-will employment state. This means that the employer and employee may each terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason at all (except the employer may not terminate for an illegal reason, such as discrimination). Therefore, you do not have to return to work. You may resign at any time, unless there is a contract for a certain term.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If I don't go back in until I'm assured my payroll has been approved & sent to our Corp office it can be cause for termination correct?

Yes, you are correct.

Thank you. I appreciate the advice.
Have a good night

You as well. Please do not forget to rate my services. Otherwise, I get no credit.

Roy Hadavi

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi