Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a non work related injury question for an employee,

I have a non...

I have a non work related injury question for an employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have under 50 employees

We had an employee get hurt in a an accident over the weekend non work related. Will be out of work for some time. What should we do?
8/21/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if you need to hold the job? what do you want to do?

I am asking what the next step is. I no way do we want to fire the employee. we are third party staffing company that will have many jobs available for this employee when they can come back. My question is what is the next step for the employee? Is it unemployment? There are no sick days/vacation days etc.

The employee can pursue disability benefits if qualified. If no accrued days, nothing for person to take. You can alert the employee a position will be waiting for him as soon as fit.

Okay great. So basically in this situation, we the company, are not required to do anything else? Like I said, there is a position for when, if, the employee can return. But other than that, we are good.

Correct

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Awesome, thank you so much.

He should be paid for days worked of course.

Kindly take a moment to rate me 5 stars, or you can reply back "acceptable"