Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have worked for a California produce company for nearly 19…

I have worked for...

I have worked for a California produce company for nearly 19 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live and work in Massachusetts. six years ago I became handi-capped.I didn't fill a work claim however now I am 66 yrs old, and would like to leave the company and collect employment benefits until I can find another job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its because of the pressures of the job that i want to leave my position. i make nearly 95K. I want to work but not his company

I am still working- however want to give notice this week. I realize, I may not be able to collect but its worth the effort. I all these years-I have never had a performance evaluation-or a pay raise. Maybe thats my fault but want to paint the picture. Unemployment benefits are difficult to collect because I want to quit. I have ask my boss for a layoff- he say he wouldn't.
I was doing a buyers job within the company for almost 10 of the 19 years. That position was eliminated. Now I have to travel to boston 4-days a week. I have a drop-foot condition- with a brace on my right leg. The strain and stress in tiresome. Question? Is there a chance to collect? I would like to know rather quickly before giving notice. Please advise? thank you
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/20/2017
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Can we chat online here, not set up for calls but would like to help you.Let me know if this is ok be happy to follow up.

Sure, however is this going to be a charge by the minute to my credit card? Please advise

Site sent the phone call offer.You can post here be happy to chat about your situation.

Would like you to review my question provided, please let me know yor thoughts?

The only way out here might be to apply for FMLA, thats unpaid leave unless employer pays and look for a job.You cannot quit here and get UI benefits.They are trying to force you out here.I would also tell you to think long and hard here, age here and your medical condition work against anyone hiring you.Likely you will have to file for social security.Expect a long period of unemployment, it will not be easy to find work in my opinion.

I base that on being of similar age, I would tell you to seek FMLA here, see if you can drag out current job awhile.UI benefits are not going to be possible if you quit.The employer is likely trying to force you to retire.My thought was if you could hold out a little while closer social security goes up.This may not be what you want to hear but I am being honest, job market for people in your age group is not good and they will hold your medical condition against you too.

If it makes you feel better we are of same age and I too have been through similar issues with employers.

Thanks, ***** ***** know if you have more I want to help you.

Thanks for rating 5 stars when we are done.

FMLA forms

https://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-380-E.pdf

I understand if you have to leave here, just understand no UI benefits in all likelihood if you voluntarily quit.

I wish you the best here, thanks for rating 5 stars.

great service -5-stars

Thanks the stars are at top of page.Take care.

Ray, Employment lawyer
Ray, Employment lawyer