Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Labor laws. Florida but this is a federal issue as well

labor laws Lawyer's Assistant:...

labor laws

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida but this is a federal issue as well misclassification of as independent contractor

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

8/14/2017
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

What is your question?

I am being misclassified as an indenpent contractor

In order to avoid the hassle and expense of bringing your own lawsuit, you should be filing a complaint with the Wage and Hour Division of the US Department of Labor in the local office in Florida. If you go to the following website, you can find the office closest to you and they will investigate the issue on your behalf: https://www.dol.gov/whd/america2.htm#Florida

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
I do not need a phone call anymore question was answered
do not charge y card

I did not accept your phone call request...not sure why it does that. They would only charge you for that if the lawyer actually spoke to you and provided you advice that you were happy with.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer