Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Please, I started receiving social security disability in

please, I started receiving social security disability in 2011, I called a previous employer who I have a vested pension with to see if I could receive my Pention, they told me there was no provisions for disability
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I worked in Nevada, live in Colorado now
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time, non union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Pention insured by pbgc
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. what can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This company told me there was no disability provision, now they are trying to buy me out with a lump sum, but only if I am not receiving disability payments !!!
I would begin by demanding the plan and policy to confirm. what they say cannot change the written terms.
If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up