Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Is it possible to get short term disability for an injury

after getting laid off from...
Is it possible to get short term disability for an injury after getting laid off from a job. The injury is not related to work but is affecting work.
8/8/2017
John, Employment Lawyer

Yes it is possible to get benefits if you are laid off, but you must have met the notice period under the policy. In other words, your continued employment doesn't affect whether the policy must pay. BUT, most policies will require you to have made the application for benefits within some time of the injury - usually 30-60 days.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

John, Employment Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
John, Employment Lawyer