Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am a manager of a restaurant, i had a day off on friday

Customer Question
i am a manager of...
i am a manager of a restaurant , i had a day off on friday this past week , well on my day off i get a call from a former manager that worked there previously he informed me that one of the managers i currently work with was going around saying i was getting terminated on my next day on saturaday .This emoployee she told was close freinds with the manager that told me . Well the GM is a female manager and she has been treating me differently lately not talking to me and only too the female managers also has changed my schedule where i do only closing shifts and gave me split days off. I felt like i was being bullied out of my job there
JA: Of course. The best way to reach them is by emailing***@******.*** Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: we dont have a HR dept and the person that was put in charge is in charge of only
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: it is at will but this circumstance is that i found out my terminatiion before hand and now they are telling me to go drug test on suspicion of i hurt my arm at home not at work
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes that this has been a hostile work enviroment that 8 managers have quit within 2 months and also that i have staff employees that are willing to say and do whatever it take because they have been harrased by the 4 managers i will explain how this all came about it is something that i believe is a major eeoc violations
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
I believe that i have been slandered by another peer by saying my termination was coming .Also believe that the Female GM my boss also stated to all us managers that (Female managers were no longer going to be On closing shifts due to them being female and safety reasons) So this in order she put my work schedule to all closes 5pm 3am along with split days off so there was no family life left because the way the days fell i was into my day off from closing prior day 3am next day. She also did not ever ask me to come in for her to open because she was tired but would call the female manager who was scheduled to close with me 5pm-3am instead allowed her to come in early shift 8am -6pm and leave me too close alone. she did this on 3 occassions same week females had 2 days off in a ro and all am shifts . By me asking why now i am not only being wrongfully terminated but dont understand for what reason
8/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tina, Lawyer