Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I had a pre litigation lawyer and believe they didn't do a…

Customer Question
hello.i had a pre litigation...
hello.i had a pre litigation lawyer and believe they didn't do a good job on my case.they filled to the eeoc and got a right to sue letter.i think I have enough eviendience for my case
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/7/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What more did you want them to do, since they did obtain the EEOC right to sue letter?
I live in Florida and they said they would need a good reason to get the ball going to file a suit..my boss did give me comments about my age.think I read somewhere I didn't have to wait that long to file..because it was a age suit..
I got fired due to not telling my boss my co worker was a reckless driver and he almost got into a major car accident and I was not even in truck when this happened.they said ishould of know the policys of the company..but yet my boss knew he drove like that.he got fired from his other jobs due to his driving.thers more to the law suit then what I told u
Thank you for your reply.
I understand what you are saying, but if he was handling the case pre litigation, why are you saying he did not do a good job? You need evidence that it was your age/race/sex/disability/national origin for any action against you. If you have that evidence and the attorney got you a right to sue letter, you have 90 days to file suit now. Your attorney pre-litigation does not have to continue into the litigation end, many attorneys do not engage in litigation, so now you have to get another local attorney to pick up the litigation phase of the case.
If you were an at will employee, one without a written or union contract to the contrary, they could fire you for no reason or any reason, except based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin. If you were not in the truck and had no first hand knowledge this guy was driving recklessly at the time, you could not report it and this could be circumstantial evidence that your age was the basis for your termination if your boss has made age comments and you can prove it.
However, you now need to get an actual employment litigation attorney as your 90 days to file suit is running.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney