Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am 64 years old. I was a store manager making 70,000 a…

Customer Question
I am 64 years...

I am 64 years old. I was a store manager making 70,000 a year. I was on medical leave for 15 weeks. when cleared to return to work by my doctor i was told there were no manager positions open.This was july 1,2017. I was offered a job as a furniture lead at 15.80 per hour. I tried to work but the phisical demands have been too much for me to handle. I have doctor documentation to this effect. Can i still file for unemployment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet...im still working but i can barely walk at the end of my shift

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.Company has to accommodate and cannot discriminate based on age.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You may want to have an employment lawyer negotiate for you.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.If needed, court is an option too.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Is my reply clear?
Tina, Lawyer