Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My employer recently transitioned vendors over the past

Customer Question

My employer recently transitioned vendors over the past year. A large majority of employees were part of a union under the former vendor. I was an employee for the same former vendor but was not part of a union. When I transitioned to the new vendor I was offered the same pay and years of experience for staying on. I was also offered medical insurance and benefits that were more expensive than my previous employer. I decided to stay on and transition to the new vendor.Since the transition I have learned that employees under the union or were able to negotiate with our new vendor. They have better insurance and other work related compensations such as extra pay for covering certain weekends. The place where I work is non union and now we are experiencing a lot of turnover. Workers are transferring to the areas that are under union for the better pay and insurance under the same vendor.I want my new vendor to give it's non-union employees the same compensation they gave the unionized employees. What is the best way to make them do this? Do we become part of the union? If so how? How do I get my employer to take this seriously and give us equal compensation?Should I go through the media? This whole transition had a very negative impact at first. There was a lot of coverage on the news about it. Both parties from my new vendor and my old vendor had to do a lot of damage control to push the transition through. Would exposing this unfairness of union and non-union employers to the media persuade them to fix this problem?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do or say, in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.