Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Is it too late to sue for damages against a fraudulent

Customer Question

Is it too late to sue for damages against a fraudulent lawsuit that settled in Washington state from 3 years ago if I just recently discovered that it was fraud? The lawsuit was for breach of contract.
JA: Were the police contacted? Were any fraud charges filed?
Customer: The lawsuit was for breach of verbal contract and backing out of a new business deal and the plaintiff claimed he quit his job and forfitted a bonus so had 8 months of lost wages. It settled out of court. I just recently saw his linked in which shows he quit the job a year earlier and was employed a year earlier and no lost wages. Discovery docs show no employment verification only a forged email announcing he was no longer with the company. ugh. Is it too late?
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: At will and full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Where you a party to the settlement and now wan to vacate it?