Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I started working 7:years a go making $800.00 weekly. About…

Customer Question
I started working 7:years a...
I started working 7:years a go making $800.00 weekly. About a year ago I was placed under $500.00 a week draw against commission. I filed for unemployment and was denied, then I filed an appeal with unemployment and the hearing is scheduled for next week. I have acute COPD . If I tell the unemployment interviewer that fact will I be deny benefits?Since you have to be willing and able to work on order to collect benefits. Please advice
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

The issue is whether you can work within the restrictions with your COPD. If you are not able to work in a job reasonably within your knowledge, skill and ability (additionally considering the restrictions imposed by the COPD) and with which you have some experience, then you cannot arguably state that you can work with COPD. So, the question they will have if you tell them about the COPD is whether you can work within your restrictions, and of course you must be searching for such jobs. You certainly will get additional scrutiny if you tell them about the condition. Whether your COPD is too restrictive at this point to even work I don't know...only you and your doctor(s) can answer that.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

John, Employment Lawyer