Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had apply for medical retirement. But my job never told…

Customer Question
I had apply for medical...
I had apply for medical retirement. But my job never told mei were deined. They said i need another letter from my doctor cliaming i couldn't do the job. To my understanding my doctor sent everything they ask for. But i never receive nothing. Now i'm wondering could i change it to regular retirement.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Could you give me a little bit more background on your situation? What specific questions did you have regarding this?

Ok. I got hurt on the job, tehn the put me on light duty for two weeks. i had a set back while on light duty. meaning my knee wasn't healing. anyway i when back to the company doctor to get release to return to work. There company doctor wouldn't release me. He said you are going to need surgery. and he couldn'tuse the company doctor wouldn't release me. They told me you only can be on light again. so i apply for medical retirememnt. after 24 years.. Then i start getting the running around. So now i want to apply for regular retirement. Can i chance over to regular retirement ?.

So the company doctor would not release you, but so that you also needed surgery as well?

Can I call on friday ?

Sure thing!

ok

Hello Henry. I'll tell you what, I have to leave in a moment and I don't want to hold onto your question. I'll opt out and let another expert take over for me:-)

Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.
What is your specific question about this for us?
Tina, Lawyer