Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

If I accept a demotion do I give up my right to sue my

Customer Question

If I accept a demotion do I give up my right to sue my employer
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live and work in Florida but travel across the country for the company
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This just happened yesterday. The posit
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a stellar record of performance with this company. I have been employed with them for almost 5 years. I have been promoted 3 times. The role I have held since January and performed in above and beyond expectations has been given to someone else under a new title
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Have you spoken with your employer about this? Do you have a contract with the company? Why do you want to sue them? Do you believe you are being discriminated against?