Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

They just turned down my claim based on not enough

Customer Question
They just turned down...

They just turned down my claim based on not enough hours---only 1088 on 1250 in the given year. Can I apply again if I gain those hours

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am suiing them, applying for workmens comp so its a lot of difficlties

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I assume, based on your reference to 1250 hours, that you were turned down for FMLA protected leave. If you are indeed inquiring about FMLA, the answer to your question is absolutely "yes," once you work at least 1250 hours in the year you can reapply and should be eligible assuming you meet the other requirements (suffering from a "serious health condition" and have been employed at the job for at least one year).

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

thanks. ill be glad to do that

Okay, thank you very much. Very glad I could help and best of luck to you as you move forward here.

Please let me know if you are having any trouble?

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer