Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

At my job I was forklift certified and I was supposed to get…

Customer Question
At my job I...

At my job I was forklift certified and I was supposed to get a dollar fifty raise. I've been certified since November and I haven't gotten my raise so I was wondering if I'm entitled to that raise and back pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?

I am through an agency working and eating

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

I was working at an agency and for a client for them I was full-time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was let go on Tuesday

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/3/2017
Employment Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 11 months ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Were you given any document in writing stating that you would be entitled to a $1.50 per hour raise upon obtaining a forklift certificate?

I don't think so i was told once i get my certificate i would get the raise. I ask the representative for the agency. She said i will contact the HR manager she sent her about tree emails she never responded to her emails.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally without some type of written proof that an employee was entitled or promised a raise if the employee obtained a forklift certificate, there would not be any feasible legal recourse to obtain any compensation for the employer's failure to make the raise that someone might have verbally promised at some point.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provideJustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!