Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am returning to work after a work related injury with

Customer Question
restrictions not defined. I have...
I am returning to work after a work related injury with restrictions not defined. I have an autoimmune disorder as a result of injury. sunlight and heat are the triggers. work comp doctors didn't fully review my health issues.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a denied fmla based on the doctor treating me refused to do work comp or fmla. said go to primary doctor. I did and they said they didn't want to do it because they didn't see me first. so they simply put return to work go in cooler. when exposed to sunlight or heat my body has reaction and pin pricks with burning pain go over my entire body.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are going to need medical documentation of your health issue to get FMLA or even workers compensation. So, you would need to have that medical support in order to get proper accommodations from your employer under the law. If your primary refuses and the company doctor refuses, then you need to go to a new doctor for a full examination and get a proper medical diagnosis to entitle you to accommodations under FMLA or the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney