Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated with no warning and called in gross

Customer Question
I was terminated with...

I was terminated with no warning and called in gross misconduct. The tactics and coercion promised my job was not in jeopardy. Used misreoresentation, lies. I admitted

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this retaliation? Or based on race, religion, age, gender, disability, or national origin?

I was not allowed to leave until i wrote a statement. I admitted to taking a hand full of skittles from an ooen bag from the trash. I was embarrassed. Im not a thief. I said, i wanted time to think about it. Im not sure it was strange iit was though thet were out to get me for something. I felt it was i just cant fugure out why. Allot has been happening with reoorts oagainst management. Idk.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Full time at will going on 3 yrs. 2 awards excellent evaluatiins nevet reprimanded or warned. I thought i was going to be offered a promotion. This manager had intent and wanted me gone. The staff and other managers know i put out above 100 % its in my nature im even teased about it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is my second career i have a pension with the plasterers union im not ready to retire yet. I cant believe this. And dont want this misconduct on my record

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: California Lawyer, Labor Attorney replied 8 months ago
California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Labor Attorney

I will try and help. Absent a contract all employment is employment at will. That means you can be terminated at any time and for any reason or no reason (prohibited discrimination excluded). I does not even have to be a good reason. In this take, taking items, from where ever and if they were not yours, then they have grounds. Keep in mind, they did not need any grounds. The can fire you because you are a Dodgers fan.

Under the circumstances you offer, I don't think you have any recourse.

I hope this helps.

DCG

California Lawyer
California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Labor Attorney