Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Contacting you on behalf of our son,, 33. The company gave…

Customer Question
Good Morning - This...

Good Morning - This is Mrs Langton contacting you on behalf of our son, Ryan, 33. The company gave all the employees a contract to sign yesterday if they want to continue to work for the mobile phone service. All employees have walked out. Our son has been conscripted to re-write the contract. He is very leery of much of the wording. He has no legal background. The employees have been asked to put up 1,000.00 security with the company Lycamobile. This is to help cover costs if there is an accident as the drivers use company cars.. If the 1,000 does not cover the damages, the driver is liable. The driver will be suspended for one week and on and on. I can email you the contract. Our son is at work now and is asking for help. Sincerely, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California based in Los Angeles.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

T will. some are part time Most are full time. Thank you for working with me Ms Wilson.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to email you the contract parts that my son is asking for help with. May I do that?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that we cannot rewrite the contract, but we can answer questions your son may have about the contract terms and maybe even offer suggestions based on what he tells us he wants to do, but this would require your son to be available while we are responding to the questions.
My son, Ryan, and his colleague, Mr. Jean Dangervil, are available at(###) ###-####now in L.A. It is noon. Number is ***** Jean's number. Both are present. Thank you, ***** *****

I would need to know what their questions are and again I cannot represent them or rewrite the contract.

Furthermore, phone service is an additional fee service, so I just cannot call them with you giving me their phone number, there is an added fee for phone service. Perhaps you can get your son to log into your account and reply here so he can tell us his specific questions.

Please give me an email where I can send the short contract. It would help better.
Ryan =***@******.***
Please have him sign into this account and reply here to this question, since we do not have email contact capabilities. We are willing to answer his questions, but must do so within the parameters of our site ability and rules.