Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If someone quits a job after a weeks work without notice is…

Customer Question
If someone quits a job...
If someone quits a job after a weeks work without notice is the employer required to pay her for her weeks lack of work
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. The offer is not from me. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.

You are legally required to pay the employee for the time they worked.

If they did not take the time off then they are owed their pay.

If they did not show up then they may not be owed money for the time they took off.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer