Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I am small business, Grayson County, TX. Customer agreed to

Customer Question

I am small business, Grayson County, TX. Customer agreed to price for work, paid half, then defaulted on agreed payments. Now no response to letters or phone calls. Remaining due $ 1,100.00. Is this a small claims court matter?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: First sentence -- GRAYSON CTY. TX
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am working on your answer now. Please bear with me it may take a few minutes.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Yes. This is a small claims court matter.

Here are the directions on how to file:

http://www.co.grayson.tx.us/users/JPs/JP3/jp3sc.pdf

You will prepare a Summons and Complaint and have them served by the sheriff on the Defendant. They have a certain time to respond after which you can file for a Default Judgment (if they do not respond). At that time you will also ask for an Order of Enforcement that you can take to the Sheriff. The sheriff will then be able to seize property and sell it to enforce the Order.

Also see:

http://www.co.grayson.tx.us/default.aspx?name=jp2.suitpacket

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald