Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I was employed with Tesla and in the last three weeks I was

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I was employed with Tesla and in the last three weeks I was interrogated and accused of sexual harassment and this is a false accusation. The last time they talked to me they said I was going to be put on administrative leave. I asked for everything in writing they refused and asked for my badge. I reluctantly gave it to them and a day later they called and said I was terminated. All I want is an appeal and my job back! I just got married on July 22nd. I am a veteran. I just bought a vehicle and I am in the midst of qualifying for a loan ... There is much more to this ...I need help!
JA: What is the order or judgment being appealed? When was it issued?
Customer: I never got anything in writing
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The last time I saw the young guy who fired me I asked "What did you do this weekend?" He replied "Have you ever seen the movie hangover?"
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you were not a union employee, your employment was deemed to be at will. An at will employee may be terminated for no reason or any reason not based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin. If they have fired you based on false allegations, your first step is filing for unemployment and appealing their denial of unemployment with a local unemployment law attorney. In the appeal, you would force the employer to disclose the evidence in their case against you, which you can later use in a lawsuit. You would also have a right to present proof the allegation is false.
Once you pursue unemployment, if you prove the false claim was made, you can then sue the person who made the false claim for damages, including your loss of income. You can also sue the employer for conducting a negligent investigation and seek money damages or can negotiate for reinstatement of employment.
This is the process you need to pursue to get at least some compensation for them terminating you on a false allegation and improper investigation.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.