Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have won my case with workmen's comp. they are willing to…

Customer Question
I need help. I...

I need help. I have won my case with workmen's comp. they are willing to settle with my case, I do not want to settle because I had back surgery and still having pain. before I had the surgery I spoke with my doctor he inform me that the surgery my not may not take all the pain away but it will be so much better. I am still having problems. If my case is close and I need more surgery I want them to be responsible for my medical bills.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this a criminal or civil case?

I was hurt at work

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

.AAFES--Amy Air Force Exchange Service. I am now retire

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

.I was a full time worker and now on disability and just won the case.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
8/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

When you are still having medical problems and would desire to settle the matter there is a few different ways to go about it. First, you can settle the matter in regard to wage loss and keep medical open. What that does is gets you the wage loss money, but medical will still be in dispute in the future and you can make claims for medical as long as you believe you need treatment for that medical condition. The downside of course is that the employer can also dispute any future medical treatment you seek.

Second, what you can do is estimate your future medical costs for some time into the future – for example 2 to 5 years – and make that amount part of your settlement demand.

Third what you can do is cost out medical insurance plans along with out-of-pocket cost for each plan and make that part of your settlement demand for the number of years you guesstimate you will be seeking medical services for the workplace injury.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.