Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Need help with a HR lawyer employment lawyer, Illinois, no,

Customer Question
Need help with a...

Need help with a HR lawyer employment lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We need to let go someone so what to know the right way of doing it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
I have a HR person and her performance is not good; I wanted to let her go
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
any updates ??
8/1/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post. Can you please tell me if this employee has a term contract or if your Company has a written policy that gives employees the right to stepped discipline or retention unless there is "cause?" Or, is employment "at will?"

I have uploaded the agreement
pls let me know
hi
any update

Hello again,

Thank you for your reply and patience, but as we are not employees of this Site, we provide assistance when we are otherwise available. I was temporarily working with my own clients. In any event, the agreement you provided clearly states that employment is "at will" so the employer in this case does not need a reason to terminate the employee and may do so for any reason, including unsatisfactory performance. Under discrimination laws, the employee cannot be terminated merely because of their race, national origin, age (over 40), gender, disability, religion, pregnancy or military service.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. I am in no form or fashion commenting on the enforceability of the contract as I am not your attorney and you would need your own attorney to comment on that, but as I have stated the contract you provided does allow for termination under these circumstances as does Illinois and Federal law.

If you don't need any further assistance please take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page so the Site will give me credit for working with you. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 1st. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer