Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

How many weeks can an employee work before expecting to can

Customer Question

how many weeks can an employee work before expecting to can paid. Is there a law in the state of conn?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: this is in Conn.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not to date. someone called the newspaper to report this.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there any laws that proctect the employee
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Pursuant to Conn. Stat. 31-71b, most employers are required to have weekly "paydays," and to pay their employees no more than 8 days after the end of any given pay period.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....