Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for federal, could I sue for the job allowing

Customer Question
I work for federal...

I work for federal, could I sue for the job allowing bullying and or not preventing Hostile Work environment in an supposedly "ZERO Tolerance to violence and Harrassment" work place?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the harassment ongoing? Is there an immediate danger of physical harm?

In 2013-2015 I reported an individual multiple times on different things, like playing inappropriate music, calling me "N" word when I'm not black, harassment and etc. In 2015 of April I was physically attacked. The manager said it was partially my fault because I should've known the attachker didn't like me. Yet we were the only two scheduled to work alone at 1am with no supervisor or working camera. Needed to say i'm left with a ruptured left implant from this incident and she got her job back. She returned to the same 1am shift with me by ourselves. Recently on the 16th of July, a training supervisor screamed with profanity loudly bullying me, later the next day came over to me when I was alone and threatened me and management said I'll talk to him. The first incident caused me to have PTSD like symptoms where I have reoccurring nightmares of the incident. This new incident different work place still same company has retriggered my symptoms. Now I have sleepless nights, loss of appetite and can't think.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Union and I'm full time. Not sure what At will is?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm tired of management sweeping this under the rug. They lack empathy, skills and simply don't care that they make me feel like the bad person, while rewarding the perp. I don't get it! This is ruining my daily life and family life as well.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/31/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.