Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work for federal, could I sue for the job allowing

Customer Question

I work for federal, could I sue for the job allowing bullying and or not preventing Hostile Work environment in an supposedly "ZERO Tolerance to violence and Harrassment" work place?
JA: Is the harassment ongoing? Is there an immediate danger of physical harm?
Customer: In 2013-2015 I reported an individual multiple times on different things, like playing inappropriate music, calling me "N" word when I'm not black, harassment and etc. In 2015 of April I was physically attacked. The manager said it was partially my fault because I should've known the attachker didn't like me. Yet we were the only two scheduled to work alone at 1am with no supervisor or working camera. Needed to say i'm left with a ruptured left implant from this incident and she got her job back. She returned to the same 1am shift with me by ourselves. Recently on the 16th of July, a training supervisor screamed with profanity loudly bullying me, later the next day came over to me when I was alone and threatened me and management said I'll talk to him. The first incident caused me to have PTSD like symptoms where I have reoccurring nightmares of the incident. This new incident different work place still same company has retriggered my symptoms. Now I have sleepless nights, loss of appetite and can't think.
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: Union and I'm full time. Not sure what At will is?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm tired of management sweeping this under the rug. They lack empathy, skills and simply don't care that they make me feel like the bad person, while rewarding the perp. I don't get it! This is ruining my daily life and family life as well.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.