Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

A colleague asked my video production company to sign a

Customer Question

hiA colleague asked my video production company to sign a letter of intent to help her retain a working visa to stay in the country (to help bolster her case that she would be hired as a freelancer in the coming few years). But the final document ended up being a Deal Memo. They assure me it's not legally binding agreement to employ her, but I’d like your advice on this. Am I safe signing this if I never end up hiring this person for freelance work in the future?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Document is as follows:Re: Deal Memo — Summary of AgreementDear Sir or Madam:This letter is submitted in connection with the Petition being filed by Mastery Productions LLC on behalf of Marta Chierego, to confirm our engagement of Ms. Chierego as a video producer. I am writing on behalf of SpaceCamp Films, LLC, located at*****, Apt 2F Brooklyn, NY 11237 (spacecampfilms.com), a film production company. Ms. Chierego will be assigned to produce a series of short films/videos for corporate use, ranging from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. The general audience and distribution will be online, with purposes such as advertising, educational, commercial, B2B. Our clients include Publicis Worldwide, World Economic Forum, Scripps Networks, Driver.tv and Marcom Group.General Engagement: 8-12 weeks per year from September 2017 to 2020.
Compensation: $800 Per Day.
Locations: Sites in New York, New York.Authorization: It is our understanding that Mastery Productions LLC is filing a Petition before the USCIS as representative of third party entities which seek to engage Ms. Chierego’s services in activities consistent with his extraordinary ability in the arts Mastery Productions LLC is hereby authorized to file the Petition.Thank you for your attention and consideration.Sincerely yours,***** SpaceCamp Films, LLC
Expert:  Legal Expert Justin replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. This will not be considered a binding contract. It is not an agreement between you and Ms. Chierego, it is merely a letter to a third party explaining what your intent is regarding Ms. Chierego. It would not obligate you to hire her in the future if you change your mind.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you Justin.

You are very welcome! Do you have any more questions today?