Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for a care provider that I'm sure they are ripping me…

Customer Question
I work for a...

I work for a care provider that I'm sure they are ripping me off. My hours never change and I work every day the exact time in time out. Yet my paystubs say different

Lawyer's Assistant: Were the police contacted? Were any fraud charges filed?

No not yet because I'm not sure how to go about it or who to call

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Part time for the entire month I cannot exceed the 37 for 1 client and I have 2. Total 74 hours

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is so much more and if you can direct me to the proper person I would greatly appreciate it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/31/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Whats state are you in here?

Englewood, CO
That's where I'm located but the business is located in Denver, CO

File wage complaint here either online or print and mail

Wage and Labor Law Complaint (Employer and Employee Forms)

The Division of Labor Standards and Statistics may assist employees performing work in Colorado with the recovery of earned compensation, and labor law violations. If you wish to file a Wage and Hour Law Complaint with the Division, you must fully complete and submit to the Division a Wage and Hour Labor Law Complaint Form. The form includes instructions on the complaint process and the authority of the Division of Labor Standards and Statistics.

Wage and Hour Complaint Form - Part 1 (online submission)
Wage and Hour Complaint Form (printable)

You may be due sizeable wages and employer can be fined for failing to pay you correctly.Sorry that they did this to you.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Let me know if you have more here.