Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

An employee is given three verbal warnings for behavioral

Customer Question
an employee is given three...
an employee is given three verbal warnings for behavioral problems on the third warning it is suggested that there are three free classes that can help with the problem another incident occurred and a week later with no chance to see the classes through the employee was fired. the employee followed up on the referral and the doctor that was going to see the employee is out of her office from the 28 of July to the 8 of August
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: yes Oklahoma CITY
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: no union .Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: went through mental illness in the late 80's.been eight years clean .off a 28 year bender .found god. quit my meds, trying to work through this a different way without the harmful drugs .its been very hard and private .its hard to tell people I suffer from this condition.it changes everything . I have been dealing with this my whole life
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/31/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information. Can you tell me what your specific legal question is. Also, I will need to know what the stated reason was for termination, whether the employer has a written policy that gives employees to right to a certain number of warnings and stepped discipline and also whether the employee thinks that the employer terminated them because of real or perceived disability?

behavioral problem. it seems the policy on 3 verbals and then write up to termination is unclear and changes to suit the situation.. and yes it is" at will"
Thank u for your time... I am going to file grievance with unemployment!!!

Thank you for that reply, however, I still need to know if the employer knew about your medical/psychological treatment and if you think that is why you were terminated versus for the actual behavior. And, I still need your question.

like I said before this has been private issue not something I share
they are aware of my testimony

We seem to be having a communication problem so I am going to opt out and allow another Expert to assist you. They will let you know when they are available.

Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley

what is your specific question?

I would like to help you but I need your specific question

Tina, Lawyer